Nov 9, 2012

Purple for No H8

This morning I've been seeing a beautiful array of purple manicures around the blogosphere.  It seems that it's November 8 for No H8: Eradicate Hate in the Nail Polish Blogger Community.  I don't know where this started and what the 'rules' are.  Somehow I missed the news (been busy offline) and it's already the 9th here, but as I am against bullying in any form so I'm going to join in with my purple manicure.
I've actually been wearing this combination for 6 days now and can't bring myself to remove it.  It's so beautiful.  There's no chips or tip wear and it's still shiny after a week of hard use.  The growth is starting to bug me though, my nails are getting too long so I'll probably have to remove this tonight and trim my nails :(

This is one of the stunning new glitter polishes from piCture pOlish, Gene Doll, over piCture pOlish Violet Femme.  You can't get much more purple than this :)  These are both available direct from piCture pOlish in Australia but you can also purchase these from Llarowe.com in the US.  Llarowe will be donating $2.00 for every purple polish sold on the site from 12:00am on Thursday, November 8, 2012 to 12:00am on Friday, November 9, 2012, to Pacer.Org, an organization devoted to education to stop bullying.  Those are US times so you'll have to do your own date/time conversion but if you need a little extra incentive to grab these beautiful polishes you can do so for a good cause, if you're quick. 
Or if you check out piCture pOlish on facebook today you can find out about their 'Flash Friday' Facebook Friend Deal and grab yourself a pretty awesome deal.
Gene Doll is a brilliant mix of small and medium sized magenta hex glitter in a clear base.  Being a single colour glitter means this can be layered over any colour base.  I haven't found a colour that doesn't work.  I like it best over darker colours, they seem to make the magenta colour 'pop' more.  It looks particularly good over Picture Polish Bombshell but this week I went a bit more 'matchy matchy' with Violet Femme.
The blue is a reflection of the sky.
Violet Femme is one of the piCture pOlish Neon shades.  It doesn't look neon to me but it is certainly a fantastic purple. It's probably my most used dark purple.
This is two coats for a perfectly smooth, opaque finish.  It dries quickly to an almost rubbery looking finished.  It's still shiny enough that I had trouble photographing it without the blue sky reflecting off each nail but it's not a glossy finish.
Add a one coat of Gene Doll and it's pure glossy perfection.  The purple of Violet Femme looks deeper and darker with the clear polish and the magenta glitter glows against the purple base.  Perfect!
I can't stop staring at this, even after a week.  In low light the purple is a vampy, almost black with the glitter shining like little fairy lights.  There's so much depth to this with just one coat of Gene Doll.
Gene Doll dries to a smooth finish.  Impressively smooth for a glitter polish.  There's absolutely no need for a top coat for shine, smoothness or to prolong wear.  Two coats of colour, one coat of glitter, no top coat = no chips, cracking, shrinking, peeling, dulling or tip wear after six days!
I love Gene Doll, the formula is fantastic.  I have a lot of glitter polishes but this stands of for it's smoothness and shine, and it doesn't stink like some of the cheaper brands. If the other new piCture pOlish glitter polishes are this good I want them all!
Yes I'm putting together a little shopping list for piCture pOlish and Ozotic :)  Did you notice piCture pOlish have a top/base coat?  I don't know when that appeared.  Has anyone tried it?  I'm curious to know how good it is.  I like it when I can do a single brand manicure from base to top coat so this really appeals to me.  If you've tried it let me know what you think please :)

November 8 for No H8: Eradicate Hate in the Nail Polish Blogger Community

copied from http://www.eradicateh8.blogspot.com.au/

Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay. 



Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.
As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.
 I can't find the link code to include a list of participating bloggers here but you can find a list at http://www.amandalandish.com/

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...